Friday, January 25, 2013

Furniture to be Painted!

Edited to Add - If anyone would like one of the below pieces to purchase with you selecting the color, please let me know and we can work out the details soon! I plan on starting on these in the next couple weeks.

I am getting excited once again to start painting some furniture and I think I've made up my mind on some colors! Here are the pieces and my ideas for colors.

This is a dresser I stripped and stained about 8 yrs ago and we no longer need it so I've decided to paint it yellow! I'm not sure about the knobs/pulls- when I get the paint I may look to see if I can find some crystal looking knobs/pulls. The decals will come right off, they just rub off.


The color I've chosen is called Arles. Here it is on another dresser.

Source

Next was Alan's dresser. It doesn't need any pulls/knobs and is very flat on the front so I'm not 100% sure with this one. I've chosen Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Aubusson Blue. Really thinking the front will need SOMETHING else, but not sure what. I really don't want to install knobs/pulls.


Example of the color:

Source
Then my MIL gave me this little desk that has been in her family and gave me the OK to paint it! Sooo...since I just got it I haven't put too much thought in it. I just know I would LOVE if all the knobs were like the one on the long drawer, it would make it so retro! I recently won a giveaway sample of some CeCe Caldwell's Chalk Paint and I'm eager to try it out. Just wish it was enough to use on this desk! It's called Destin Gulf Green (swatch - or look below). So I'm thinking a really bright/vibrant color on the desk!


Thank you to Kala @ My Breezy Room and Nickol fromMockingbird Heights (website) for the CeCe Caldwell's Paint and Painting set! It will definitly get used here. It will also be neat to compare CeCe's and Annie's paints and clear waxes. Stay tuned for my comparison.




1 comment:

  1. Love! I need a taller dresser to add to B's room! Let me know how much. I even have the paint color to match her other one. I just want it white with a teal glaze...which I have that too. I suppose I could just buy the dresser and do it myself if you want to sell it haha Or let me know how much for all

    ReplyDelete