Wednesday, July 25, 2012

DIY - Tablet Sleeve

My wonderful husband bought me a ASUS Tablet since we both try to share the laptop (which doesn't work very well!). I'm very happy with the tablet but there are not really any cases for it like there are for iPads. So I decided to make my own.

I've never written a tutorial nor did I remember to take step by step pictures. But basically I just measured the tablet and cut out the fabric an inch or so larger - 4 pieces total, 2 of each fabric. Then also 2 pieces of interfacing for padding. Here is the fabric I used. The stripes is for the inside and flowers on the outside.


Next I sewed the two flower pieces and interfacing together (flower side facing each other) with the top side open then trimmed and flipped out. And I know this is probably not proper sewing, but then I sewed the two inside pieces together and stuck it inside. I had cut it a bit longer so more would stick up, then I folded it over and made my own binding for the top with the inside fabric. It made the opening a little tight, but not too tight and I'm happy with the sleeve! Next time I'll make it a bit longer so I can use snaps to secure the opening.




No comments:

Post a Comment