Thursday, July 19, 2012

11 Things About Yourself Challenge

One of my blogger friends posted the "challenge" to answer the following questions:
  1. Do you love your body?
  2. Do you respect yourself?
  3. Do you consistently set goals for yourself and work towards them?
  4. Are you outspoken for what you believe in?
  5. Do you listen to both sides of the story with an open mind?
  6. Do you read to the news and know what's going on in the world?
  7. Are you respectful of others, even those with radically different views?
  8. Do you regularly judge other women for how they look?
  9. Are you getting enough sleep and eating well?
  10. Are you in the habit of doing one nice thing for yourself each day (and one for someone else?)
  11. Are constantly trying to educate yourself on new things? 
So Andrea (@ Strawberry Mohawk) I'm meeting your challenge!

1. Do you love your body? No way! I didn't have great body image of myself before pregnancy, and still don't - maybe even a little worse. I really need to work out, I frankly just don't have the will power.

2. Do you respect yourself? I do now. In college and the years after I obviously did not respect myself enough. I won't go into the details, but when I finally started to respect myself I realized I deserved a good guy who loves me for me. Then I met Alan, the rest is history.

3. Do you consistently set goals for yourself and work towards them? Nope, I'm not a goal setter and doubt I ever will be.

4. Are you outspoken for what you believe in? Not as much as I want to be. 


5. Do you listen to both sides of the story with an open mind? I try to, it usually depends on the subject.


6. Do you read to the news and know what's going on in the world? Not anymore. I used to read the news every day while at work, now my work is to stay home with my baby and not be on the computer (well not as much as I would be at a desk job...).


7.  Are you respectful of others, even those with radically different views? I try to be respectful of everyone, I can't respect ignorance though.


8. Do you regularly judge other women for how they look? I am a people watcher, so I am constantly looking around and seeing people. I don't know that I would say I "judge" but I do look at other women and try to determine what type of person they are. I do sometimes think too harshly at times I think, i.e. - Was at the movie Magic Mike and saw a bunch of 40-60 year old women all dressed to the 9s - I called them Cougars. I think I was being harsh. They were probably just a group of friends who decided to dress up and go out to the movies.


9. Are you getting enough sleep and eating well? I'm getting enough sleep most nights but I am not eating well. I hate to cook and plan meals with all the food groups. I'm also a picky eater. 


10. Are you in the habit of doing one nice thing for yourself each day (and one for someone else)? I try to have me time, usually whenever Adeline is sleeping - I consider that a nice thing for myself. For someone else, I try to be the best mom possible to Adeline.


11. Are constantly trying to educate yourself on new things? Whenever I see a stance on something (i.e. circumcision) I read up on the subject to determine what my stance is.

2 comments:

  1. ALISON! this is so crazy, on number 11, I had this whole thing I wrote on circumcision as a side note (which I decided to take out). Trying to encourage people to educate themselves on it. It blows my mind that that was the issue you chose. Crazy, probably just because of this whole germany thing.
    Anyways thanks for this, I really enjoyed it! (and don't worry, I made fun of all the older women in the theatre for 'magic mike' too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an issue that I started to research while pregnant in case we had a boy - but didn't follow through since we found out we were having a girl. Now that I'm a mom I've started researching these things again. I had already decided not to circumcise any future sons I have when a close friend let me know about issues with her sons circumcision, he now has to have surgery to correct it at almost 2 yrs old. I definitely don't want to do it now.

      Delete