Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Cloth Diapering #2


We decided to go with pocket diapers to make it the easiest on dad and grandparents. I chose BumGenius OSand Fuzzibunz OS Diapers! I have a few other diapers too - a couple WAHM (The Diaper Addict) AIO/AI2 and 2 TotsBots Easyfits. Basically pocket diapers require inserts that go into a pocket and you can add additional inserts when needed. At night we use BumGenius OS Velcros as they are easier to use when you are half asleep! I use a regular insert with a doubler for nighttime, and just the insert for daytime in the snap diapers. 

I would love to branch out and try other types of diapers, but we decided to use Cloth Diapers for cost savings so until (IF) we have 2 in diapers no more diapers for me! We also use Cloth Wipes with homemade wipes solution (2 tbsp baby shampoo, 2 tbsp EVOO, 2 Cups Water) that I put in a spray bottle - small one for diaper bag and big one for changing table.

For wet bags I use Planetwise. I have 2 hanging Wet/Dry Bags and 2 Medium bags for the diaper bag. I also have 3 more small wet bags for extras. Now that we are dealing with solid poop I'm wishing I had a trashcan for diapers as its a pain to pull out inserts from poopy diapers and put in a wet bag before taking to the bathroom to spray clean, but oh well. So I would recommend a diaper pail instead of the hanging for that main reason. I just don't want to spend more money when I can just "deal". Later on I'll post about our Diaper Sprayer Alan made for us (well me really).

Here is my gorgeous baby and her Cloth Diapers:
This was my newborn stash (various brands) plus the BumGenius' in the plastic containers for once she fit into them.
Storage for the diapers, I can fit all her diapers in these two drawers.
I scored an awesome deal on these Fuzzibunz Elite Diapers. I also use Rockin' Green - Hard Rock.
A lot of Adeline's diapers out sunning!
One of the first Cloth Diapers she wore!
Fuzzibunz
Fuzzibunz
BumGenius - Small
Flower Power TotsBots (also has Cherrylicious)
Cloth is Cool!
Love the way Fuzzibunz fits on her, it's my go to diaper most days.
The Diaper Addict - Front
The Diaper Addict - Back
The Diaper Addict - Front
The Diaper Addict - Back
Love this baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment