Thursday, February 28, 2013

Queen Bee Card Swap 2013 - Month 1

I am part of a group called the Queen Bee Croppers of NRV, we try to get together once a month and have a scrapbooking/crafting day (or weekend) somewhere local so we can get a bunch done! At the end of last year a few of the ladies decided to do a supply swap and each month we would make a card in a theme starting in February. I got my pack of supplies from Liz and I gave stuff to Vivi!


Here are the topics to choose from:

Topics:
  1. Free month!
  2. General cards
  3. Birthday cards
  4. Hi cards
  5. Christmas tags
  6. Paper crafting items
  7. Thank you cards
  8. Non-Christmas tags
  9. Congratulation cards
  10. Get well cards
  11. Anniversary cards

Here is the loot I got from Liz! (Ignore my messy desk, I've got too many things going on at once!)


So for my first month I went with Free Month. Since Easter is coming up I decided to make an Easter Card! First I cut up the purple Mulberry Paper to fit the front of my cards then tore it around the edges.




I decided to adhere the paper to the card with Paper Mod Podge since the paper is so thin and see through. Next I cut the sticker ribbon to fit on the front of the cards. I wanted to stamp on the front of some shapes but I don't have stamps anymore! I never used them so got rid of all of them. Oh well. So I used my Silhouette and cut out letters for each card then use my Sticker Maker. It's hard to tell in the below picture but I also used Stickles to create some bling on shapes. Then added a flower on some of the cards. No two are alike! I wish I had used a different color on the wording in the middle cards, but it shows up better in person I think.




If you want, check out some of the other ladies' blogs and their creations:


Carol


Kristy


Caitlin


Ginger - no specific blog post about the swap,but she has posted lots of cards she has made.


Pretty cool that most of us in the swap blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment