Sunday, September 9, 2012

DIY Baby Shoes

Yesterday I went Olde Salem Days and while there bought some super cute shoes from Crazy Leggies and they inspired me to make some for Adeline. I used the Modern Baby Bootie Tutorial from Tao of Craft. These are my first attempt and I am a beginner sewer so they are not perfect! But they are wearable and hopefully I learned a lesson or two so I can make more for Adeline!



Any recommendations on how to sew a straighter line in the curve of the shoe? That was my worst newbie mistake!

2 comments:

  1. Hey. I just saw this but I am the owner of Crazy Leggies. Thanks for the shout out! Anyways, the curve of the shoe is really hard. It's a lot harder than it looks haha. Basically take it as slow as you can for the first few times that you make them. I also see that your fabric is puckering a bit in the front of one shoe. To help that from stopping PIN PIN PIN!!! Put down so many pins that the fabric can't move at all. It will help cut that down. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the tips! I have a so-so machine and it is VERY hard to go slow, but I'll work on it. Hopefully after vacation I can try another pair - these were my testers and can be worn. But definitely figured out where I made mistakes!

      Delete