Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Hairbows! DIY

Adeline doesn't have enough hairbows, I can never find one to match certain outfits. So I decided to make some of my own. Michaels had their Fall Stems on sale last week for $0.99/each - which is a great deal! Here is how I made the flower hairbows:

1 - Pull the flower heads off the stems - they came off very easily for me and I just cut off any excess stem with scissors so the back of the flower would be as smooth as possible.

2 - Cut out felt circles dependent on the size of your flowers. You can buy pre-cut circles, but I had felt already and didn't want to spend extra $$!



3 - Using your glue gun connect the hair clip to the felt. I put a line of glue then clamped the clip down, then added more glue on top to attach flower to.



4 - Once the flower head is attached it will look like this:


5 - Add hot glue and finish attaching felt to flower:


6 - And you are done! I made all 6 in about 30 minutes.


If anyone would like for me to make some for them let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment