Saturday, September 15, 2012

Help out a friend!

Insurance companies are great most of the time when you need them - but there are those times where they are not! I myself went through a battle with my insurance company to get them to cover my Midwife and possible homebirth. I had to write a letter and appeal the denial of coverage, and thankfully the denial was overturned!

I have a friend from high school who has been battling with her insurance to cover her walk aid that she needs to keep her mobility due to MS. Sure she can use crutches for the rest of her life - but the walk aid will make her life so much easier. So some of her friends have started a campaign to raise the money she needs for the walk aid. She must pay out of pocket for the device by September 25th approximately $4,500 or she will be sued by the company if she does not return it.

I've already contributed and I would like to ask my family and friends if they can contribute - even a $1 will help. Below is where you can make a contribution through ChipIn - which is through paypal.

Here is also a link to a Facebook event that was created to raise money as well and more information as well to donate.  

I gave, will you?


No comments:

Post a Comment