Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Dress Makin' and Halloween

When I started planning Adeline's 1 year birthday party I decided I wanted to make Adeline her Birthday Dress. I found lots of ones I loved on Etsy (like here and here) but I knew that if I applied myself I could make a dress. I bought this pattern from PatternsByAmy on Etsy. This was my first sewing project using an actual pattern, well now that I think of it I did use a pattern on the shoes from previous post.

I am pretty proud of myself with how it turned out and how easy it was. I've never done buttons so just for the test dress I use snaps. My Mother-In-Law just got a new sewing machine - so we are hoping to do the button holes with it for the actual birthday dress. So let me know what you think!

So hard to get Adeline to stand on her own lately! Here she is with my MIL today modeling her new dress. We just tried it on over her clothes since she'll have to layer it.


Today was also Adeline's First Halloween! We didn't really do anything special, she just helped me pass out 60 treat bags I had made up earlier in the month. We ran out of bags within 45 minutes! I just hate to spend so much money on candy and junk to hand out. I guess next year though I need to buy a bit more.

So...you say it's Halloween?




2 comments:

  1. Such an adorable little bumble bee! So sweet.

    I love the dress that you made. I have a little boy, and I keep stumbling upon so many cute craft ideas for girls! Hope to one day stumble upon some cute crafts for little boys :)

    www.gottatryit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I'm pretty glad I had a girl and not a boy! Thankfully though Pinterest exists - so hopefully you can find something!

      Delete