Thursday, September 18, 2014

Birthday Freezer Food Prep


Oh so you spent your birthday at a Spa getting your nails did? Well I spent my birthday fixing a bunch of meals to put in my freezer, after which I needed to get my nails did!!!

Since I'm now a SAHM we need to save money however we can. One of those ways is to eat at home more often and making eating out a rarity. However, I hate cooking. It takes up too much of what little time I have and it's just not something I enjoy doing everyday. SO...I decided to try freezer meals. I looked and looked at blogs seeing what recipes they use, but could never find one that had recipes I'd actually eat (yes, I am a picky eater too!). Finally I stumbled upon Fun with Sharps! and her blog entry from a couple years ago about the way she prepares Freezer meals and I loved the recipes she uses!

The only day I had to work on this was my birthday, when Alan was off work. So as soon as Adeline went down for her nap we got to work. I should have prepped and wrote the recipes on the bags before hand, but oh well. It took a lot longer than it should have, but in the end we were happy. I had Alan on meat duty while I cut up all the veggies and other ingredients then had Alan finish up the bags with the spices. I ended up being short on meat so we had to put 4 bags aside to finish the next day once we got more. Here is the picture of all but the 4 bags in my freezer. Doesn't look exactly like the other bloggers finished products, but hey I'll take what I can get! I'm really NOT loving a side-by-side fridge right now. No freezer space compared to our last fridge.


We did go out later and got me a Birthday Cake! Alan picked it out because he thought Adeline would like it...HELLO! It is my birthday, not hers! However as long as it was an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen, I really did not care!


So it's now been a week and a half, can you guess how many of those meals we've eaten? ONE! Yikes! I have been gone the past couple days and if Alan is working nights I don't fix a big dinner, but I do hope to fix these more often so we can have leftovers too!

Do you fix freezer meals? What are some of your favorites recipes? Do you cook then freeze or freeze raw then cook?

No comments:

Post a Comment