Sunday, September 7, 2014

Burlap, it's all the RAGE

Awhile back I bought some burlap panels with big plans to make some  wall decor for my ETSY shop. But we've been in a constant upheaval for the past few months due to hubby getting a job out of town and having to move twice in 2 months (moved to temp housing after house sold before buying a new house). We are finally getting settled in the new house and can't wait to show off the house and the decor, but I need a break from "house" stuff so I'm getting into crafting again.

The other day I finally decided to get out the burlap panels and play!! I didn't have a set project in mind so I went through my various files and found the below image. I decided to make a gift for my long time friend and teacher. I plan on adding some ribbon for it to hang from as soon as I can get to Michaels. Michaels is 30 minutes away from our new house! I do not know how I will survive!


Recently I found out one of my cousins is expecting her first baby, a boy! Since we are just on one income right now, any gifts need to be handmade. I plan on making her a basket of some items from my Etsy shop - a couple burp clothes, custom wipes container (not on Etsy Shop yet!, message me if interested), legwarmers, and onesies! Then I noticed from her registry she is doing a Lion King theme. So i searched online for an image to put on a burlap panel. I found this cute graphic online and traced it in my Silhouette Program. I'm pretty pleased with it.


I would love to make a panel for you, let me know if you have a quote or picture you are interested in one. I have 9x12 and 12x16 burlap panels available.

No comments:

Post a Comment