Saturday, December 22, 2012

Family Christmas Stockings

This year I wanted our family to have matching stockings. We all had different stockings so I just started fresh. Jo Ann Fabrics had 70% off their Christmas stuff this week so I bought 4 red stockings cheap! Then I got some sparkle green flannel fabric and sparkly ribbon!

Here are all my supplies:

First I cut the ribbon to go around the stocking then put "steam-a-seam" on the ribbon then ironed it down to the stocking. The ribbon was too thick to sew on so that is why I chose to iron it on.


Next I cut out my fabric and the iron on fabric interfacing. I ironed the interfacing to my fabric then cut out the letters. I cut our names out using my Silhouette SD, I've cut out regular cotton and it turned out great. The flannel didn't do to well - but it's good enough.


 And all together

Most people know, but Marie is our dog. She of course has her own stocking! I'm not thrilled with my fireplace and mantle. But no changes anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment