Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Paper Cone Wreath


I've seen so many people making their own wreaths that I had to join in on the fun. First I started of looking through Pinterest and pinning the wreaths I wanted to make. Check out my Christmas DIY Board, which only contains the wreaths as I think that will be all I'll have time for this year.


This wreath is my inspiration for my paper cone wreath! Surprisingly it was on orientaltrading.com! Wow, didn't expect to get crafting tips from there. They have awesome prices too on craft supplies. If I'd had time I would have ordered my paper instead of buying.
Image Credit - Orientaltrading.com (exact link)
The only flaw with the instructions is that if you cut all the squares 6x6 you run into an issue with the inner circle. BLAH! I didn't realize that until I had already glued my cones together. SO I had to cut approximately 2 inches off the top of the cones which was not easy! You can't cut off the bottom because then they will not lay next to each other very well.

Here are all my supplies - I found the paper at Michaels on Clearance, I used a cake base, paper doilies, and a styrofoam cone to help me form my paper cones.

I didn't take in the process pictures, but here is the finished product.

I have enough paper to make a couple more - if you want one for yourself or a gift let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment