Sunday, April 5, 2015

DIY Space Saving Makeup Storage


In our new house in Bristol we have ZERO storage in the Master Bathroom. Seriously, who would totally remodel a master bath with no storage? The sink is just a pedestal sink so no hope for storage there. Very quickly once we moved in I bought this storage cabinet that goes over the toilet that holds all of mine and Alan's stuff, well mostly mine of course! But there was no where good to put my make-up so I could see it all. So I went searching on Pinterest and came across this idea from some other people.



Just head to your local home improvement store and pick up a piece of metal. I was lucky enough to find this size already cut and ready, there are other sizes available too. Then I used some foam tape on the back and adhere it to the cabinet and let it set a couple days before adding all the make-up.


Then I used hot glue to attach these tiny magnets, but now after using it awhile Super Glue is the best option for long term use. Depending on the material you are gluing too, it just doesn't hold that well. I ordered these online cheaper than I found in stores.


I added a couple storage containers as well to hold the other make-up goodies that wouldn't work on the metal sheet. I have a small makeup pouch to store all my brushes in as well. I've been using this for a little while now and it works really well for me and the type of makeup I wear.


Happy DIYing!

EDITED: Here is an update on what my Makeup Storage looks like today! I had to go back and redo the magnets on quite a few. Hot Glue did not hold that great, so when I redid them I used E6000 Glue and so far (about a month), none have fallen off again!





No comments:

Post a Comment