Monday, November 19, 2012

Adeline is 1yr old!

I cannot believe Adeline is a year old today! We celebrated her birthday on Saturday, November 17th - which is fitting as it is the day I went into the hospital a year ago to be induced! I was induced on the 17th, and she was born almost 48 hours later on the 19th at 3:04pm!

I decided to go with a Care Bear Theme for her party. Adeline hasn't yet showed preference for certain toys, so I just picked what worked for me! I already had a bunch of care bears and we'd been reading care bear books for awhile.

I found Nestling Designs on ETSY and she had a blog post on her own Care Bear Party - go check it out. She has several different party packages as well available in her ETSY shop. I went this route since Care Bear stuff isn't widely available right now, it was a little expensive (at least more than I wanted to pay) since I had to get everything printed somewehre. I don't have a decent printer. But I also think going with a print-your-own party package that you can do it with better quality and if you have a really big party then it would be cheaper. We just had a small party.


The dessert and gift table. I made rainbow cupcakes and her small cake was rainbow too. I didn't get any pictures of the cupcakes - but here is where I got the directions.

Who knew crepe paper wouldn't adhere to PERMANENT tape? These things drove me crazy.

The Food! We had little BBQ Weiners, Ham/Cheese sandwhichs, Chips & Dip, Chipped Beef Cheese Ball, Fruit, and Veggies. I also had punch, tea, and water (using the cute water bottle covers in the party package - no pic though)
Our little family before the party.

Adeline loves her bus (not a birthday present)! Putting on a show for everyone.

Adeline's Uncle Scott - yes ladies, he is single. Better catch this one fast...

Play time for the kiddos.

Adeline and Clifton

Clifton, Lucy, Rory, and Adeline - all within 6 months of each other.

Cake time

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Adeline, Happy Birthday to you!

Not very excited! haha

She wouldn't eat it, so I ate some of her fingers so she would see she could eat it.

Ended up on my nose and face

Not a happy camper!

At least Clifton enjoyed the cupcake!





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful party, thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete