Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Infant Train Table

Train tables are very popular! It seems that everyone has one or wants to have one! Adeline had her first experience with a train table at Barnes & Noble.

Here she is in August playing at the B&N Train Table
I do plan to make (yes, DIY!) Adeline her very own train "table". I really don't think though that it will be an actual table. I follow John & Sherry Petersik on Young House Love and I really think I will follow their version of the train table. Only I'm not thrilled about screw holes in the track.

Picture Courtesy of Young House Love


For now I just used double sided wall tape to hold down the track. I'm sure it won't hold it forever, but it's pretty sturdy. I found a craft table by Land of Nod on Craigslist this week and I thought it would be the perfect height table for Adeline to play with, then I thought it would make a great train table! Well...I wasn't thinking how big the track is! A circle barely fits on the table top! It hangs off a bit, but with the double sided tape it holds just fine!

Alan's dad built this train set for Alan when he was little - so it's pretty special that Adeline now gets to play with it. He even made the train cars and vehicles! Adeline may be getting some of her own trains for her upcoming birthday as well. 

Exploring her new toy!

Some of the trains/cars.


Playing before bedtime.


No comments:

Post a Comment