Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Reynolds Family Reunion

Sunday was our annual Reynolds Family Reunion in Newport, VA. The reunion is a gathering of the descendants of James Madison Reynolds.

Picture taken by Alan Helms

In years past we have had the reunion at the Newport Recreation Center but the past couple years we have decided to seek out air condition and a kitchen and found that at Level Green Christian Church in Newport, VA. The new location is wonderful.

I remember when I was little there were a lot more people at the reunions, almost 100! Sadly we are happy now if we reach 50. It's always great to see those who are able to come, and I've rarely missed a reunion in my 29 yrs in the family. It's always great to see those distant cousins who you haven't seen all year and when I was little we didn't have Facebook or the internet to keep up with each other.

I wish I had time to pull and scan the pictures from long ago, but I don't! So here are some pictures from the recent past that are already on my computer:

2008

2010
Only one decent picture of this year!
2012

While looking through the pictures I saw so many missing faces from the previous years - some are just not there, some are ill, and others have passed. I miss all of those people and hope those ill or missing will come back in the future. I want my daughter to grow up surrounded by family as I have and look forward to these reunions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment